Memory Box Initiative
The Memory Box Initiative costs you nothing but results in something that is priceless. It serves as a permanent reminder to your residents’ loved ones, and even you and your staff, that your work is extraordinary and meaningful beyond the day-to-day demands.
– When you join PCH or renew your policy, indicate you want to participate in the Memory Box Initiative.
– PCH will send you boxes and cards, free of charge.
– Make a box designated to each resident by writing their name on the box or putting their name on a label and attaching it to the box.
– Place the boxes, cards and pens where they are easily accessible to caregivers, i.e. at a central desk, or a place where they often check-in or gather.
– Explain the Memory Box to caregivers using this 2-minute video.
– Encourage the caregivers to participate by writing down a poignant moment, or a story or memory told by the resident. Remind them this is not something that they must do regularly, it is not time-consuming, the focus is on quality, not quantity.
– When the resident leaves the facility permanently, present the resident’s Memory Box to their loved ones as a gift, and thank them for giving you the privilege of caring for the resident.
PCH now offers a unique and valuable member benefit to our insureds, free of charge. When an adverse event occurs, you may call the central hotline number for your region listed on the map below to consult an attorney practicing in your state. The attorney is there to help you address the issues at hand and employ best practices for the benefit of you and your residents. This is a free, confidential service and your information will not be shared with PCH. We welcome your calls.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Calling the hotline does not constitute making a claim to PCH. You must follow the regular claim procedures for any incident discussed on the hotline. The hotline also may not be used to fulfill notice or other obligations required by your policy. Additionally, attorneys cannot give you coverage advice on the hotline, that is subject to a careful review by PCH.